Wacom CTH461 Bamboo Craft Tablet Review

Wacom CTH461 Bamboo Craft Tablet
I was a little skeptical about this Wacom CTH461 tablet, since I'm not really fond of gimmicks or excessive gadgetry, but thought I would give it a try, as my old Wacom Intuos is getting a little long in the tooth.

But I love this tablet! It's the perfect size to go with a notebook computer, and the touch pad is so much more comfortable than that little one on most laptops. I was already very familiar with the pen from my old Intuos, and it works just the same, exactly like a normal pen would. You can either use a little button on the pen to double-click, or just touch the pen to the surface. It's a wonderful invention that I love.

As for the multi-touch part of the Wacom CTH461 Bamboo Craft tablet, I actually like that part as well. I watched the tutorials to get the hang of it, but it was pretty easy. The only gesture that was not intuitive for me was dragging a file or folder. I had to look that one up, and at first I couldn't get it, but after using the tablet for an hour I felt like a pro. At first I thought the tablet wasn't sensitive enough and was pressing too hard, but after a while I got the hang of how to touch it. If anything, now I would say it's a little too sensitive and I have to be careful not to touch the screen excessively or rest my fingers on the screen.

The thing I love the most about the multi-touch, and what I use it most for, is browsing on the web. The scroll gesture is very intuitive and so easy, and the gesture to move to a previous web page is genius. It really is cool and easy to use. It feels like you're flipping through actual paper pages.

This product comes with bundled software like Painter Essentials and Photoshop Elements, which are perfect complements to the tablet and pen. I already had similar products on my computer so didn't download these. I don't think the pen is as sensitive as that on the beefier Intuos tablets, but I don't know how important that would be if you're just using this Wacom CTH461 tablet for casual use, as I intend to.

This tablet definitely exceeded my expectations, I'm very happy with it. I do have one thing I wish was different -- I wish that I could resize a window by dragging the corner. I wasn't able to do that (or at least, I couldn't figure out how), yet that's something I constantly do on my computer screen.