Celestron 21061 AstroMaster 70 AZ Refractor Telescope Review

Celestron 21061 AstroMaster 70 AZ Refractor Telescope
I was a backyard astronomer for many years. My beautiful 8 "Dobsonian reflector become too expensive, as a dark sky away from light pollution, traffic, both inside and I was on sale on clear nights for a few years. When a camera store went from a local store, they had a fabulous blow-out prices on a Celestron telescope AZ70. I know two things about refractors 1) Beware of tripods flimsey and 2) Be wary of extravagant claims of great power. I noticed for the first time, the claims of the intelligent power box (60x per "Opening TOPS). AZ70 Celestron suits all my needs. It is compact and lightweight enough for easy transport, it has pinned great look and a tripod and macho VERY Star finder with illuminated reticle that Venus in a simple try, right out of the box . Absolutely the best $ 50 I ever spent and I would be happy to recommend it to anyone for 4 times the price.