Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera (Black) Review

Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera (Black)
This little gem arrived via UPS just a few days ago, and I am very impressed with all the combination of capabilities, quality and function.  A few things to keep in mind - bear in mind the price being paid, it is ease-of-use, what it can do, and you will fully recognize this device for what it is. I work with output from the five-figure JVC High definition cameras as part of my profession, and you are not buying one of those. So it isn't relevant to make ratings between abilities and picture quality - and you should be very aware of the amount of light when using one of these.

With that in mind, I was still amazed at some quick clips I recorded using this Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera at a nearby lake. I played them through the included HDMI to my 42" Samsung and was amazed at a lot of the resolution I saw. With careful positioning of the camera and knowledge of the lighting, it DOES approach broadcast-quality while using the 1080p setting.

I put together a brief pastiche of clips from my road tour and shared it here at YouTube: Seek under the name: "Lake Monroe Scenes."  Also, explore next one I made called "Autumn Dreams" (under the name LGwalt).

Here you will see personally the advantages as well as weaknesses of this particular camera. When I could have full control over the lighting, the results approach mind-blowing. The shots taken through the windshield while the car is in motion is going to show you some of the troubles with lighting adjustment going from shade to bright light. This was edited in Corel Studio Pro.  It was initially shot in 1080p, I changed it to 720p 30 fps in Oxelon for ease of editing in Studio Pro, and exported it to YouTube as a 720p 30 fps HDV file.