Motorola Surfboard SB5101 Cable Modem Review

Motorola Surfboard SB5101 Cable Modem
I have had a Motorola 5100 for approximately 4 years. It slowly got degraded and these, like most electronics, wear out and have to be taken out of service. Therefore i purchased a brand new 5101.

The transition was extremely quick and uncomplicated. I called Cox and gave these people the details they needed and was online quick.

Without a doubt --- the Internet really flew! I cannot let you know how excited I was. It made many of the difference on the planet.

I've a wireless network and also a Linksys router. I switched out the router along with modem all at once. The speed on all of my computers improved significantly and I no more have dropped internet connections.

I rely on my personal computers for my telephone calls via Skype and also for my whole small business. Therefore i need to have the very best plus speediest, the foremost reliable.

I recommend this particular modem. It is very affordable and also lasts quite a long time. But do remember that every modems will have to be switched out no less than every 2 or 3 years if you wish to stay on top of things.

Update: I've found that several ISPs like individuals to use this modem simply because they may block specific ports of those individuals who do. This isn't always an issue for you personally. However for some individuals, it could be. Prior to deciding to buy it, browse around the web and make sure it is what you look for. Cable people will certainly deny they do this, but they do. And it can definitely screw up your Internet experience and give you plenty of problems.