OPPO BDP-93 Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Disc Player Review

OPPO BDP-93 Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
I was among the early users of the BDP-83. My only big dissatisfaction in it was its deficiency of Netflix streaming. At one stage, there have been gossips that BluTV (included in the firmware upgrade) might include this function, but soon after awaiting for a year I threw in the towel on that.

Is it worth every penny to update this player simply to obtain the BDP-93's streaming abilities (which are restricted to Netflix and also Blockbuster currently, but is going to be expanded shortly)? My answer is an unqualified yes. Why? Since you not merely receive streaming, but a lot more. The BDP-93's video producing, including its up-conversion of regular DVDs, is better still than that in the BDP-83. The BDP-93 also offers built-in wireless, although I opted for connecting via an Ethernet cable for much better swiftness and also stableness. The BDP-93's disc transfer is more strong and also steady than that of its older brother (although, to tell the truth, I in no way had difficulties with the 83's transport). Support for SACD and DVD-Audio remain, to say nothing of various other codecs like HDCD. Finally, there's its 3D ability -- not something I am enthusiastic about at this time, but must i decide later to go this route, my own Blu-Ray player will be ready.

You may get a Blu-Ray player with network streaming to get a lot less than the price of the BDP-93. But this player offers all of the goods -- it's really a high-end element at a cost that will not hurt your wallet. It will play, with optimum outcomes, just about anything you put into it. And it's also ruggedly built, manufactured to last. Finally, I purchased it for both these good reasons: flexibility and also good quality. One particular very last thing: Oppo is a business that truly listens to its buyers. It responds instantly and also skillfully to suggestions as well as questions.

I recommend this player. Like some other reviewers, I highly recommend purchasing it straight from Oppo or from Amazon, so you will not get fleeced on the cost.