LG 47LD520 47-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV Review

LG 47LD520 47-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV
Picture quality is great, although I'd to mess with the color configuration a lot (I'm still not sure I have it completely correct). There's a few slight discoloration around the edges, but this is barely evident whenever the Television is displaying a particular solid color.

I can not stand to have the smoothing option (called TruMotion) turned on. This is supposed to get TV look more desirable, however i think it makes everything look like a soap opera. Luckily, it's easy to turn off (Menu > Picture > TruMotion).
Note: you will have to de-activate TruMotion for each individual input. TV should look a little juddery without the smoothing, but it is a limit of all 120Hz TVs, and it is a much more better than having TruMotion turned on (in my opinion).

That said, movies and also video games look fantastic with the smoothing turned off. My Xbox 360 and PS3 video games look great, as do Blu-ray movies.

I maxed out the 3 HDMI ports fairly quickly (Xbox 360, PS3, DVR), however i figure if I need another one, it'd might be time to get a receiver anyway. It should be noted that there's only one set of component inputs.

Speakers are great, nothing to write home about but they get the job done.

Remote requires you to point at a pretty specific spot (the lower-right spot of the TV). Sort of annoying, but I got used to it (I sit about 10 feet away).

The swiveling platform is good (I turn it to face the kitchen when I'm making meals), but it only turns about 20 degrees.

In general, I'm happy with what I got for the price I paid!