NETGEAR XAVB5001 Powerline AV 500 Adapter Kit Review

NETGEAR XAVB5001 Powerline AV 500 Adapter Kit
This specific latest Netgear XAVB5001 was well worth the wait!  I had been expecting since December just for this product to come out.  I'd gotten a Sony Blu-ray for Christmas and already had a Netflix membership.  So I wished to watch  "instant" movies through the Blu-ray.  I had a powerful Wireless coverage through the entire house, therefore i did not think utilizing Wireless for the Blu-ray would be a trouble.  Watching a movie through Netflix instant cue was impossible.  The movie could possibly last for 10 minutes, however it will freeze and wait to buffer, however it certainly not could.  So I started taking a look at Powerline ethernet adapters, as the 2nd story of our house prevented easily operating ethernet cable to the TV position.

Netgear very strung out the launch of these AV500 supported adapters, and I almost quit waiting, instead choosing some AV200 units.  But I make up my mind it couldn't be much longer...so I waited for the Netgear release.  I could openly say that when these particular arrived, I connected in one unit near the personal computer and attached it to the wireless router using one of the supplied ethernet cables.  I then went in to the gameroom and connected in the other unit to the wall, and used the other included ethernet cable to connect to the Blu-ray player.  I then modified the Blu-ray to attach "wired" instead of wi-fi and...Bam!   Instant connection.  And since then, no movie, song, or any other media available through the Sony Blu-ray has hiccupped at all.  Netflix streams smoothly...even fast forwarding or rewinding does not result in a wait of more than 2 or 3 seconds.

I admit I do not know what the transfer rate is on these units at my setup, but they work best for me.  I recommend the XAVB 5001 from Netgear.