Yamaha RX-V667 7.2-Channel Home Theater Receiver Review

Yamaha RX-V667 7.2-Channel Home Theater Receiver Review
I have always been happy with Yamaha goods and this receiver is no exception.  It is a 7.2 channel receiver that packs an wild number of qualities into a small amount of price.

Before I made the purchase, I called Yamaha's customer service people and asked them a couple of questions and they were able to answer all the things for me.  I got right to a individual who spoke English and they understood their products (and in fact said that they had a full laboratory for checking stuff).

So I ordered the receiver and hooked it up to my 3D TV setup, also together with my Wii (component), X-box 360 (HDMI), DirecTV DVR (HDMI), Yamaha YDS-12 iPod dock as well as 3D Blu-ray player (HDMI).  It was not difficult to install and I still have plenty of HDMI inputs left for upcoming advancement.  I ran the YPAO auto setup and it was over before I came back from going for a snack in the kitchen.  It properly found out all of my 7.2 audio system and everything appears to be running as desired.

I must admit that I truly like the onscreen GUI menu.  It's an animated display that overlays on top of anything that I happen to be watching,  including the 3D content from DirecTV and my BD player.

I wished a receiver with a powered Zone 2 so I may run a set of speakers on my porch and this receiver deals with that task no problem.   Setup was simple, I just followed the PDF owner's instructions that came in the box.

I have never tried the HDMI Audio Return Channel yet, but I do plan on using it later.