Logitech K350 2.4Ghz Wireless Keyboard Review

Logitech K350 2.4Ghz Wireless Keyboard
My Logitech K350 2.4Ghz Wireless Keyboard came yesterday that I'm quite pleased, in contrast to the other review. I've been using PCs since 1980, so I've typed on the bunch of keyboards, all the way returning to the first IBM PC along with a couple of DEC as well as other terminal boards. This is the first "wave" keyboard that I've used, although not the first with an attached palm rest.

GENERAL:
The feel from the Logitech K350 2.4Ghz Wireless Keyboard is solid, and also the keys seem to have an excellent response. (It's not as solid as my Northgate OmniKey, but nobody has created mainstream metal keyboards for on the decade.) The keys seemed to be spaced and sized just like every other keyboard, then I measured. The keys on my small basic Dell keyboard are 3/4" square, nearly flat, and touch the other person. These keys are separated, deeper like an older keyboard, and merely about 5/8" square, though there is enough space between them they are almost 3/4" from center to center. My conclusion is that these keys are, indeed, typical in proportions and spacing. The wave shape makes the positions a bit different fom what I'm used to, although not enough to cause me problems.

The palm rest is lightly padded and that i think it is quite comfortable, though for me it's a wrist rest as I have small hands -- 6 1/2" from base to fingertip. There are two feet around the back for the 4° or an 8° angle lift. BTW, if the Logitech K350 2.4Ghz Wireless Keyboard is flat on the desk the front fringe of the palm rest is 7/8" off of the desktop in the middle in which you wouldn't have your hands. Where your hands go, it really is 5/8" off of the desktop. I need to also say that my wrists are beginning to feel a wee bit chaffed, but, since I can't accomplish that much typing any more, my habits are becoming lax, and i also know I'm moving my hands around after i needs to be leaving them in place. Exploring the bottom, I'd say how the palm rest might be removed and recovered with other material, however, you would need to put it back on or even the base of the keyboard would stick out.

DIMENSIONS: about 19" by 10 1/8" on the widest area of the wave.

POWER: 2 AA batteries, included; on/off switch on the underside; battery monitor when you press a function key, nevertheless the picture is misleading. The image looks as though the battery light teaches you the degree of power, which this doesn't. However, there exists a tab inside the SetPoint software that will no less than tell me that my brand-new batteries are "good." Right now the battery light is green. When you power up the Logitech K350 2.4Ghz Wireless Keyboard, it light will turn green when the batteries are good. I tried putting in a couple used batteries to find out when the light has another color to share with you the batteries are low, but I couldn't locate a combo that gave me certainly not green or no light.

PROGRAMMABILITY:
The black pair of keys on the top center that control volume and pause/play/stop/ff/rev cannot be reprogrammed.

Ten from the 12 function keys (document, spreadsheet, calendar, 3 unassigned, browser, messaging, e-mail, search) could be reprogrammed while using SetPoint software; only F11 (battery light) and F12 (CD/DVD eject) cannot. It is possible to program the keys to: launch a program; open personal files, a folder or a web site; show a custom menu; perform keystroke combination; do nothing (very helpful unless you want to perform the default action but haven't other things to assign to the key); or perform another of the pre-programmed actions. Once you launch a course using a function key, the program flashes on the screen briefly to tell you everything you just started. The original create is that you simply have to press the "Fn" key at the end right with all the function answer to get the special, programmed function; however, it is possible to change it so that you press a function key alone to acquire a special function and also have to press Fn to get the normal function key.

With the 8 silver specialty keys, only the zoom key on the left cannot be reprogrammed. The silver "PC" key about the top far right may be changed, however in an even more limited fashion. It'll sleep laptop computer, restart, shut down, log off, or do nothing. Another 6 may be programmed exactly the same way since the 10 function keys. That gives a total of 16 keys that can be very flexibly programmed. I have found that quite useful.

It is possible to decide to disable the caps lock, num lock, scroll lock, Windows start, and insert keys so you can't accidentally press them. You can also elect to have a sound play once you do press any one of them, and/or have a notice flash briefly around the screen to share with you what state they're now in. There isn't any num lock or caps lock lights about the Logitech K350 2.4Ghz Wireless Keyboard itself to share with you if they are on.

RECEIVER EXTENDER CABLE: I wondered about this one and couldn't find info on Logitech's site. It is a 5' USB cable that you can use to extend the selection of the receiver plug. Plug the receiver in this cable, then the cable in to the PC, stretch out the cable along with your PC has become much nearer to your Logitech K350 2.4Ghz Wireless Keyboard. On the other hand, I walked for the end of my room, about 15', and reception was still fine with no extender cable. I presume it's meant for use with large screen TV setups in big rooms or projection/lecture setups, because once you get far enough away to want it you can't view a normal PC screen. Well, *I* can't, anyway.

"UNIFYING": Should you actually read the information on the devices with "unifying" technology on either the Amazon pages or perhaps the Logitech site, you'll quickly recognize that Logitech's "unifying" technology is new and doesn't use older mice and keyboards, understanding that you can find just a few keyboards and mice out for it at the moment. Oh, well. I suppose I wasn't surprised whatsoever that because I already had two Logitech wireless mice and neither worked using the others receiver. I thought which was dumb till I pointed out that should they did talk with each others receivers and you had two PCs within the same room using those mice, might both mice be controlling the cursors on both machines? No doubt the newest tech includes a means of identifying the devices and linking these phones a particular machine to prevent a challenge like this. We have an Anywhere mouse on order, that is one of the ones that has "unifying," so I'm delighted with the idea. Not just fewer cords, but also fewer USB dongles. Every day life is good with Logitech K350 2.4Ghz Wireless Keyboard.